To say 2018 was a big year for me would be a massive understatement. If you’ve followed me on Instagram, you know I launched my stationery brand. The most proud and exciting moment this year. My blog fell on the back burner for a while, with getting everything together for a business, I had less time to write. In 2019, I want to grow closer to my little corner on the internet. I’ve never done this before but I wanted to share some things with you, you probably don’t know.
01. I’m one of 5 sisters. You can imagine growing us with a house full of girls was never a dull moment. I feel bad for my dad looking back, lol.
02. I went to college on a full scholarship (the non-traditional way). It took lots of hard work, writing essays in high school and constantly in the financial aid office rubbing shoulders with the right people but it was all worth it. All my scholarships were small amounts that added up to my entire tuition. My advice: apply for everything and put in the hard work. It pays off!
03. I’m extremely close to my family. Sunday dinners growing up were our thing.
04. I’m shy in front of the camera. Have you noticed I never record videos? Breaking out of that shell next year.
05. My blog is officially 2 years old. WOW! I can’t believe the time passed so fast.
06. My fiancé says I’m a social butterfly. I’d like to say, I can read a room really well and I’m easy to talk to.
07. I got engaged in Paris last year to the love of my life. Never expected it to be there but it was a dream come true. I mean, what girl wouldn’t love that?
08. I’m a true Detroiter. Born, raised, educated and still here. No place I’d rather be, expect Paris.
09. I prefer surfing the internet on my laptop, phones are not my thing at all. When you see me, know that my laptop is not far behind.
10. I love sweets. Chocolate in particular. It’s a real problem. I seriously feel like I need a piece with every meal.
11. I’m all about leftovers. Once they’re in my fridge, I get excited knowing I have something tasty to look forward to.
12. My cocktails of choice: Margarita, white wine, Crown Apple with a splash of cranberry, then a Cosmo when I’m in the mood.
13. I’m a super organized person. Yes, I’m the person that labels and prepares for literally everything. Try my 31 Days of Organization over on Glamorous Planning coming Jan. 1st.
14. I’m pretty mellow. I don’t freak out much, mostly because I know, this too shall pass (which I have tattooed on me in Arabic).
15. Speaking of tattoos, I have two of them. Some days I wish I had none, mostly because I forget I have them at all and I think to myself, what’s the point?
16. I love rollercoasters. Cortez hates them. So you can imagine, we’ve never been to Cedar Pointe together and according to him, we’ll never go. LOL.
17. I love fashion. Everything about it inspires me.
18. I wish I moved to New York after college. It’s my speed. Last year, I went like 4 times. Kind of obsessed.
19. I have a step-daughter. She’s adorable and has taught me so much about motherhood at a young age. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
20. I love spicy food. I put sriracha on my eggs and/or red hot on just about anything that calls for it.